Nursing Diagnosis: Risk for Constipation
Risk factors may include
- Irritation of the GI mucosa from either chemotherapy or radiation therapy;malabsorption of fat
- Hormone-secreting tumor, carcinoma of colon
- Poor fluid intake, low-bulk diet, lack of exercise, use of opiates/narcotics
Possibly evidenced by
[Not applicable; presence of signs and symptoms establishes an actual diagnosis]
- Bowel Elimination
- Maintain usual bowel consistency/pattern.
- Verbalize understanding of factors and appropriate interventions/solutions related to individual situation.