Hypertension (high blood preassure) also called silent killer is a chronic medical condition characterized by constant elevation of the systolic or diastolic pressure above 140/90 mmHg. Because hypertension is almost without symptoms except for headaches in some patients, it hides in the body without knowing it.
Types of Hypertension
A person with blood pressure levels distinctly above average and with no evident cause for the raise level is referred as having essential or primary hypertension. This type accounts for about 90 percent of all cases of hypertension. The remaining 10 percent of hypertensive people suffer is called secondary hypertension, which means that a specific cause for raised blood pressure levels can be identified. The younger the hypertensive patient, the more likely it is an identifiable cause for the condition may be found.
Hypertension usual organ affected
- Heart – leads to heart attack and heart failure
- Brain – leads to stroke and internal bleeding
- Kidneys – leads to renal failure and the need for dialysis
- Eyes – leads to blindness
- Peripheral Blood Vessels – leads to peripheral vascular diseases like limping (claudication) and tissue death (gangrene).Left untreated, the disease will progress and will eventually lead to death.
Hypertension Pathophysiology & Disease Process(Diagram)
Originally posted 2016-10-21 07:40:43. Republished by Blog Post Promoter